Wednesday, June 25, 2014

Moving along

With the addition of the bike, thanks again Brendan , from Hike Bike and Climb, I'm able to go so much quicker, while I hadn't thought of going by bike, I'm finding I'm not missing anything I still see so much, and still stopping taking picture....and I'll be getting home sooner, I've been on the road for a while now, I'm definitely missing the comforts of my home, my friends, my workout routine, and my own cooking, next to drinking warm water...the food on the road is awful, no real home cooked food, it's fast food, high calorie...I lost weight when I first started the journey, with this crappy food I think I actually put those few pounds back on.  This is something I actually heard from some others who've done this walk, some have actually put weight on...I could totally see it...once I get back it'll be a long time before I go out for fast food and it'll be NEVER that I eat gas station hot dogs.....
At the current travel rate I'll be home in late July !!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Donna, first off.. KEEP ON PUSHING!! I am looking to actually walk across America myself to seek some inner peace and raise some awareness for a disease I have been dealing with for the last 6 years (synovial sarcoma). I was wondering if you could give me any kind of info like what is to be expected, the travel itself and any tips you may have. Any info would be helpful.. keep on inspiring!!

    ReplyDelete