Sunday, June 22, 2014

A full week

Set out after the big tornado warning where over, first day riding the bike pulling the cart, and it was one stinking hot day..near 100, with a strong head wind to slow me down, ad to that Miles did not like one bit going faster in than the cart then he was use to. To make sure I knew he wasn't sure happy, he howled the entire first 10 miles.....I was ready to take him by the neck...and I don't mean to pet him...mid day I took a couple hour rest until it cooled some...back on the road around 7 pm, I was looking for a place to camp...truth be told I was not at all feeling well, the heat had really done me in. Vs I went knocking on a door, where I met Dena...she and her parents where absolutely wonderful to me...she could see I wasn't at my best, and got me a cold drink, offered me a shower..and in the morning made me a fabulous breakfast...just what I needed...even Miles was give a cool drink and some shade to rest in....thank you so much Dena, I've met lots of nice folks along the way, but few I've felt instantly comfortable with, as if I'd known the, so much longer....

No comments:

Post a Comment