Sunday, June 22, 2014

2nd plus day on the bike

The 2nd say on the bike was better, not as hot and that nasty wind was over...still didn't feel my best after the hot sun, but I made it into Iowa, stealth camped behind some trees, slept great...the bike is different for sure, and had not thought of biking on this trip at first I wasn't sure, I really feel like I'm not missing seeing the up close America, plus I'm getting the added bonus of logging some serious miles... I tend to be on the move from morning till dusk, that gives me about 10 hours a day, I was walking at a pace of 3 mph, on the bike without real effort across this very flat land, I'm able to log 10-12 more/less mph, if I can maintain that pace I'll be home by mid-July ...wow that's amazing...I'll likely get through all of Iowa in 3 days, would have taken me over 2 weeks walking...

No comments:

Post a Comment